HENDERSONVILLE — Kick off your summer weekends with fun, upbeat music at Hendersonville’s Music on Main concert series every Friday night from July 9 through August 27.
The free outdoor concerts feature a variety of local and regional bands at the visitors center on Main Street in downtown Hendersonville, featuring classic rock, pop, R&B and beach music.
All concerts run from 7-9 p.m. and are accompanied by a classic car show. Folks are encouraged to bring lawn chairs. Admission is free. Hot dogs, ice cream and lemonade are available for purchase.
Here’s the summer schedule:
• July 9: Daniel Sage is fluent in rock royalty. He covers acts such as Elton John, Billy Joel, The Eagles, Sting and John Mellencamp.
• July 16: Gotcha Groove is an established nine-member Top 40 band from Marion, featuring a rhythm section, three-piece horn section and two lead vocalists.
• July 23: Charlotte-based The Night Move Band features two keyboardists and specializes in dance music including beach, Motown, funk, R&B, rock and country.
• July 30: The Rewind House Band is the house band for Rewind 100.3 in Asheville and known for energetic interpretations of the best hits from the 1950s to the ’80s.
• Aug. 6: The Marsha Morgan Band features beach, blues and Southern rock.
• Aug. 13: Emporium is a six-piece band from Asheville playing the finest in dance music – rock, disco, funk, beach and current hits.
• Aug. 20: Spartanburg’s Rock and Roll Reunion has performed at hundreds of events in Upstate South Carolina and Western North Carolina and showcases the best in live classic rock, beach and blues.
• Aug. 27: Local band Deano and the Dreamers concludes the series by playing favorites from the 1950s, ’60s, ’70s, ’80s and ’90s.
For more info, go to www.VisitHendersonvilleNC.org or call 800-828-4244.