The Waynesville Gallery Association present "Winter Arts Smokies Style – The Art of Chocolate" on Saturday, Feb. 16, from noon – 6 p.m. Merchants and restaurants will be providing entertainment, special chocolate surprises and specials.
Look for the Red Hearts designating the establishments with specials, and take a photo with the Queen of Hearts mascot and collect a red beaded necklace.
The face-painter will create fabulous designs for $5. Bring school-age clothing to any gallery for Clothes to Kids.
Downtown gallery events will be from 3-6 p.m. Galleries will be hosting artist demonstrations, music, entertainment and chocolate refreshments.
Find fine chocolate and more at:
- Affairs of the Heart – Complimentary chocolate hearts and Spin the Wheel for a discount or free prize.
- Beverly Hanks Real Estate – Hot Chocolate Bar from noon to 4 p.m.
- Blue Ridge Beer Hub – Special Chocolate Beer on tap and complimentary chocolate cookies.
- Cedar Hill Studio – Artist Demonstration by Ernestine Bucking and Cayce Moyer 1-4 p.m., banjo and tongue drum music with Jeff McCoy 1-4 p.m., Refreshments and many items in the gallery discounted 10-15 percent.
- Dillsboro Chocolate Factory – Buy five and get one free hand-dipped chocolate, truffles and shooters.
- Ellie’s Fine Resale – Chocolate pretzels and a fabulous 25 percent discount on all merchandise.
- Firefly Taps & Grill – Decadent chocolate dessert and hot chocolate with Bailey’s cocktail.
- Haywood County Arts Council – Artist demonstration with Francoise Lynch at 2 p.m. From 3-6 p.m., enjoy Hot Chocolate and the music of Betina Morgan on the harp.
- Mast General Store – Sample the many different chocolate candies all day long.
- Moose Crossing Burl Wood Gallery – Chocolate moose.
- Olde Brick House – Come by for your Hershey’s Kisses and when you purchase two chocolate teas, receive an additional tea of any type of equal or less value free.
- Pleasant Places – Complimentary chocolates with a $10 purchase or more.
- Sunburst Market – Chocolate Heaven Flourless Cakes tasting and sparkling wines.
- The Jeweler’s Workbench – Master Chocolatier Timothy McGuire will be demonstrating chocolate making techniques and provide tastings from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Sheri Burch-master metalsmith and jewelry instructor will be hosting four of her students' work along with jewelry making demonstrations throughout the day. Steeplechase toffee tastings, too.
- The Kitchen Shop – A complimentary “Sweet Treat” with any $25 purchase. Chocolate samples galore.
- The Strand – Hot Cocoa and Mocha Lattes and the movie "Chocolat" with the incomparable Johnny Depp and Juliette Binoche at 1 and 4 p.m. $5 movie tickets.
- TPennington Art Gallery - Chocolate Recipe Exchange with four special chocolate desserts, and a guessing game everyone can play with a giveaway to the winner.
- Twigs & Leaves Gallery – Dave and Judy Horn, owners of the Corn Husk Shoppe will be demonstrating from 3-6 p.m. Marna Dodson on the piano. Array of chocolate treats will be served