ASHEVILLE — Immerse yourself in the eclectic art scene of Asheville’s River Arts District with a gallery stroll Saturday, April 10, featuring artist demonstrations, workshops, live music, wine tastings and delicious food.
Galleries pull out all the stops for the art stroll, held the second Saturday of each month starting at 11 a.m.. Meander the mile-long River Arts District, which is home to more than 200 artists. During the special events, artists engage with the public by demonstrating their techniques and sharing their inspirations.
Some of the gallery demos this Saturday include:
• Dimensional Landscape Painting Demo, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Demonstration on mountain scenes using layers of wood and paint. 362 Depot Street Studios, Cindy Lou Chenard.
• Faux-stained glass demonstration, 11 a.m-4 p.m. Artist Paige Houghton will demo painting new spring vessels and window panels to look like stained glass. 375 Depot Street, Trackside Studios.
• Weaving Magic, 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Magic tricks and weaved stained glass. Phil Mechanic Studios, 109 Roberts Street.
• Open house with Painter Harry Rivera, 11 a.m-5 p.m. Soft Opening of the expanded exhibition space of the Art Garden, an artists’ coop with working studios, gallery exhibits and workshop space. Riverview Station, 191 Lyman Street, Art Garden AVL.
• Print-making Demo, 11 a.m-5 p.m. Find out how prints are created using safer practices and materials. Riverview Station,191 Lyman Street, Asheville Print Studio.
• Stained Glass Demonstration, 11 a.m-3 p.m. See stained glass skills and techniques demonstrated by Tanya Franklin. Wedge Building, 115 Roberts Street, Philip DeAngelo Studio.