No ice cream maker? No problem! Making this delicious frosted dessert requires no special equipment.
Start to finish: 4.5 hours (20 minutes active)
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1-1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
1. In a pot, combine raspberries and sugar and cook over low heat until the raspberries release their juice.
2. Add cornstarch and continue to simmer for another 2 minutes, or until the mixture has thickened.
3. Using a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add the sweetened condensed milk, cream and vanilla extract slowly. Continue to mix until the ingredients are well combined.
4. Pour about one-third of the cream mixture into a bread pan and top with half the raspberry mixture. Repeat with the remaining cream and berries, ending with a layer of cream. With a butter knife, distribute raspberry mixture using circular motions to create swirls.
5. Cover with aluminum foil and freeze for at least 4 hours. Remove from freezer 20 minutes before serving.
Try substituting blueberries, blackberries or strawberries for the raspberries, or use store bought jam to make this recipe even easier.