Some of the world’s finest musicians have come from Western North Carolina and that rich tradition carries on today.
The Town of Sylva, Jackson County Parks and Recreation Department and Jackson County Chamber of Commerce are teaming up to produce the Concerts on the Creek series at the Bridge Park gazebo in Sylva every Friday from 7-9 p.m., Memorial Day through Labor Day.
Concerts on the Creek events are free and open to the public with donations encouraged. Bring a chair or blanket and enjoy the shows. Occasionally, these events will feature food truck vendors as well.
Following are the scheduled dates for the 10th annual Concerts on the Creek in 2019:
- May 24- Daddy Rabbit (Blues Rock)
- May 31 - Jonah Riddle & The Carolina Express (Bluegrass/Gospel)
- June 7 - Arnold Hill Band with special guest Chris Pressley (Country/Rock)
- June 14 - Summer Brooke and Mountain Faith (Bluegrass/Gospel)
- June 21 - Shane Mead & The Sound (Americana/Folk/Rock)
- June 28 - The Rewind Band (Classic Hits/Rock)
- Thursday, July 4 - Fireworks & Festivities, The Carolina Soul Band (Soul/R&B/Beach/Classic Hits)
- July 5 - Hot Trail Mix (Progressive Bluegrass)
- July 12 - The Darren Nicholson Band (Bluegrass/Classic Country/Americana)
- July 19 - Geoff McBride & Scott Baker (Classic Hits/Soul/R&B)
- July 26 - Dashboard Blue (Rock/Classic Hits)
- Aug. 2 - Andrew Scotchie & The River Rats (Rock)
- Aug. 9 - Tuxedo Junction (Classic Hits)
- Aug. 16 - Mama Danger- (Folk/Newgrass)
- Aug. 23- Troy Underwood (Americana/Folk/Soul)
- Aug. 30 - Maggie Valley Band (Americana)
For more information, contact the Jackson County Chamber of Commerce at 586-2155, visit them at 773 West Main Street in Sylva, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Bridge Park is located at 76 Railroad Ave, Sylva.